This is one of the most useful and important fraction resources around!
This set of fraction circles includes: wholes, halves, thirds, quarters, fifths, sixths, sevenths, eighths, ninths, tenths and twelfths.
1: Print out each page of fraction circles onto different coloured paper.
2: Laminate for longevity and then cut up into individual fraction segments.
Top Tip: Make some versions of the fraction circles that have only some of the segments cut out. This will enable you to, for example, compare the images of 9 twelfths, 6 eighths and 3 quarters very efficiently using just three pieces of paper.
Ideas for Use:
1) Visualising a number – e.g. using 8 fifths you can create the image of 1 and 3 fifths
2) Calculating – e.g. 2 quarters plus 5 eighth, 1 and a half divided by a quarter (how many quarters are there in 1 and a half – pictured).
3) Comparing: 5 ninths and 2 thirds
4) Counting in Fractions: e.g. one quarter, half, three quarters, one, one and a quarter etc.
5) Visualising fractions greater than one.