Fraction Count Cards are designed to help children count confidently in fractions.
This set of cards features halves, thirds and quarters. In each set there are 4 types of cards:
1) Image cards – providing a clear image of each fraction
2) Character cards – here we have Count Mixeda (he counts in mixed numbers/mixed fractions) and Countess Vulga (she counts in Vulgar fractions/simple fractions/common fractions)
3) Mixed Number cards – these cards count in mixed numbers
4) Vulgar Fraction cards – these cards count in vulgar fractions/simple fractions/common fractions
Print out, cut up and laminate as required.
Ideas for Use:
1) Counting in Fractions – children order the cards and then point to them as they count. If working with a partner, one child could count in common fractions and the other in mixed numbers.
2) Matching Games – children play games with the cards that lead to equivalence and ordering, such as ‘pairs’, ‘higher or lower’, ‘three in a row’ etc.
3) The Counts of Fractions – this is the Number Fun song that features the characters Countess Vulga and Count Mixeda. Play the song video from the Number Fun Portal, splitting the class in half, with each half supporting one of the Counts.